JReviews UserProfiles Add-on
Once purchased, the UserProfiles add-on can be installed via the Remote Install & Update page in JReviews administration. If you see an "Add-on not active" text instead of the Install button, read this article:
1. Create one or more Joomla categories that will hold public profiles of users.
2. Create a listing type for user profiles.
3. Create a new directory for the profile categories
4. In the JReviews Categories Manager setup the new categories using the directory and listing type(s) you created for profiles.
5. Create the category menu item for the new profile categories, the same as for regular categories.
6. In the UserProfiles Add-on Configuration select the Directory that you created for profiles.
7. Select the UserProfiles Add-on option in the JReviews Configuration / Community tab in order to display the profile photo as avatar with for user submissions.
8. Create the menu items that the UserProfiles Add-on provides:
- Account Menus -> Signup - for the user login and registration page
- Account Menus -> Manage - for the "My Account" page where users can manage their profiles
- Submit Profile - for users to create their public profile listing
The MyLists add-on theme files are located in this folder:
These theme files should not be customized in the default location, instead copy them to your custom JReviews theme in JReviews Overrides.
For example, the user profile page uses this theme file:
To customize it in JReviews Overrides, copy that file into your custom theme like this:
If you set a custom suffix for the user profile categories in the Theme Manager (i.e. _authors), the suffix would be set like this: detail_profile_authors.thtml
The Add-on comes with two custom module positions in sign-up page allow for ease of integration with 3rd party social login solutions:
Overriding Add-on Language Strings
Some of the language strings can be customized in the listing type that you created, in the Language Overrides tab. Other strings can be changed via the language file.
The UserProfiles add-on language file is located here:
If you want to customize specific language strings, copy those individual strings into your main JReviews language override file: